Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My First Try At Party Favors!

To celebrate my graduating from college, my sisters and I had a conjoined Graduation Party  for the three of us; my twin and I from college and my younger sister from high school.  Already having a lot on my plate as my Petit Fours exam was that same week, my mom asked if I would like to make the favors.  She thought making some chocolate truffles and candies for our over 70 guests would be a great idea.  Of course I agreed and got to thinking what the best candies and chocolates would be. It was my first time showing everyone from friends and family what I could really do so I wanted to make a good impression.  I came up with a few ideas and got to work:


From top left clockwise:
Almond-Praline Truffle, "Jelly Ring" Bon Bon,
Soft Chocolate Caramel, Lavender-Honey Caramel
Almond-Praline Truffle 
my favorite of the truffles
I've made so far

Soft-Chocolate Caramel 
w. Fleur de Sel
which I had made in pastry class and
absolutely L-O-V-E-D
(as did my sisters)

Dark Chocolate Strawberry-
Kiwi "Jelly Ring" Bon Bon
started as a mistake and ended 
up being delicious!

Lavender-Honey Caramel
this was last minute but I was 
dying to use lavender  





Although it was really hard work I really liked making all these favors and got some great feedback on them, everyone loved them!  It made me extremely happy to hear that from everyone and made it all worth it. And for the extra cherry on top I did well on my Petit Fours test!

Lemon-Pistachio Biscotti

My Lemon-Pistachio Biscotti were also a hit (see pic left) as were a batch of Raspberry Pate de Fruit and Coconut Macaroons (sorry for the lack of picture but don't worry I'll surely be making them again!)


*****************

Have a party coming up and need some ideas for favors?? I would love to help! E-mail me at dmprevete@aol.com or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment